Linux, Windows or Mac?

Which do you prefer and why?

It's so very hard to choose the "best" answer.. all of you, and your answers are absolutely incredible!

Linux. It is free and there are a lot to choose from.

I feel as a beginner Windows is the best. It's most compatible with the software and just an easier UI. But if you are in some specific profession like video editing or Design I think a combination of Adobe and Mac (OS) are some of the best features at your disposal, speaking just from a professional point of view. 

In short, Windows is good for Exclusivity 

and Mac is good for inclusivity. 

windows because it is the most highly supported OS on the planet. Linux would be nice to sideload but dont have it be your main OS

The answer depends on what you're going to do with your computer. All three of them are good in their own domain. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages while operating. Windows is for regular use, and most companies develop for Windows first.

I preferred windows and Linux. On an official laptop, I am using Linux, and personally, I am using windows 10.

Windows Mac *** and prolly linxus to

Obviously MAC

• keerok

Linux. It's totally free!

I started using AmigaOS back in the day.  I also woeked on the VAX and IBM 3090.  I transitioned to AmigaBSD, then Linux.  I also started working in IT in the Windows 3.1 era.   I worked with Windows until the release of Windows 8, and it drove me crazy.  Driver issues, inter-operational issues, conflicts, and just plain flakiness.  I used Linux at home for several years, but became frustrated because my gaming issues were limited.  I also couldn't use applications like Amazon Music, or iTunes.  So I ended up buying an iMac in 2016.  No complaints.  Like they say, it just works.  It's fast, it's efficient, I can use all the applications I want, and everything works together.  No weird crashes, BSODs, or issues like audio cutting out or video freezing randomly.  I also like how it integrates with my iPad and iPhone.

My husband still uses Linux.  He does have some issues with it, but he's a programmer and likes the free programming tools so he's sticking with it.  Also, he enjoys building his own PCs.  I used to enjoy that but kind of burned out on it after doing it for a living for more than a decade.  I retired from tech support.  I want something easy and that's what I get from my Mac.

Windows and Linux Ubuntu is a good free alternative but Windows is the best now, it hasn't always been, I'd prefer Linux than some older Windows versions but they've got Windows 10 good. Mac loses support quicker than Windows yet people don't moan about that, yet they do moan when Windows loses support after 10 or so years.