Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

WHY do people eat at fast food restaurants & not worry about cleanliness of food?

i mean what if dropped food on floor & just picked it back up & served it to you? happens more often than most think?

or how often do they probably not wash their hands after ....uh..you know, bathroom break or wiping their greasy hair back with their hands, etc

picking their nose, etc

taking out the trash and not washing their hands , etc

• Favorite Answer

I think because most people just care about how the stuff they eat taste, and not what it actually contains. 

They are short minded; but I don't blame them for that, that is how society is brainwashing us to be. 

Just to satisfy our urges without thinking about the long term consequences. 

If you're that concerned, you may want to get the Hep A and B shots. I don't mean that sarcastically. I was at a health facility where the shots were being given for free, and I said I didn't think I needed them. I was gently told it would be a good safety net in case I ate in a place where the food prepper hadn't washed his hands after using the bathroom. Needless to say, I jumped right in line for my first shot.

You can get bad food anywhere even a fancy restaurant. I once found a spoiled oyster in a real expensive well known restaurant and all they did was replace that one oyster they should have given me the meal for free.  I also once discovered at a Holiday Inn that the potato salad had turned which can cause food poisoning so they threw out the whole natch which was on a lunch buffet so there was a lot they had to through out . You are always taking a chance when you eat out anywhere that thre could be something that will make you sick. It is the chance you take. You can tell a little by whether the pace looks clean or not but that does not always mean that you can not get sick from eating there. There are health inspectors that check all restaurants and in the town where I live they have shut down two very popular restaurants in the last two years. 

Most of the fast food chains are cleaner than the kitchens we have at home. 

A disturbing fact is many people either don't know or care that food safety is a thing. I see ranch dressing that clearly says "refrigerate" left out that people eat. All kinds of cheese, eggs, pizzas, etc kept at room temp. They plop a raw pork chop on top of their own glass.And worse! Even if they know about food safety, I think most people choose to believe all restaurants uphold the highest standards. But as you seem to know, all levels and types of food workers do some of the most disgusting things concerning food safety, even worse than people in their homes as I listed above.

• Janet

I guess the same reason people support Donald Trump.  Denial.

• kswck2

Fast food restaurants have some of the most strict guidelines for the cleanliness and preparation of food.

• Goerge

Those are people like you who don't give a $h|t about their job. The majority of people who work for fast food joints do care about cleanliness. In the same way that idiots like you troll, spreading B$ disinformation so too are there trolls at fast food joints but they make up the bottom 1%.