Aprilia RS50 brake light not working?

Hi, I’ve got an Aprilia RS50 2003 and the brake light is also the tail light as in there not separate. The problem is that when I turn the lights on the bulb lights up but when I apply the front brake lever the bulb doesn’t light up and the same for the rear brake lever. I did a test on the terminals with a multimeter it is saying theres current going to them so if anyone can suggest anything or possibly know a fix. Thanks 

Replace the bulb. The element for the brake light is bad.

No One can read: "current" to Open Circuits like those terminals. It's Voltage. If you were on Amps and tried it, you'd blow the DVM's fuse.

The bulb  has Two Filaments; probably an 1157. Try cleaning the terminals on sand paper, put That DVM on "Ohms" and see if fils Both good. Should read a few ohms on both to the shell of bulb. (unless  an LED, U must test these across a good battery and Note Polarity.  If a push in, two leads should still read to each other and  to third lead)

If Not. there is your problem. New bulb.

(On my Harley, it was rear brake only, it was the pressure switch. Replaced with old Chevy oil pressure switch, worked, saved $$ over stealership's price,)

Source(s): Sorry but as an electronics tech, I Detest incorrect conclusions and misusage of electrical terms.
  • adam

one bulb. two filiments . replace bulb.