Joey
Joey asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

How Long Until we don't have to wear face masks in public anymore?

like in your opinion how long until the law says okay ya'll  don't have to wear masks at in public places anymore were back normal

could it be a few more months? a year,two or three years?

• joedlh
    Favorite Answer

It won't be safe from a medical perspective until a sizeable percentage of the public has been vaccinated with an effective vaccine, thereby providing herd immunity. As for when political officials deem it safe, it seems to depend on one's party affiliation.

• Foofa

Different places will have different laws, pretty much just like right now. 

Until enough of us do wear them so that the virus stops spreading

It depends on what country you are in, and then what state within that country.

In the US - it varies by state. Most states do not legally require people to wear masks outside in public. 

Having said that, it's still a good idea. For how long? Who knows? My guess is that COVID-19 will be a concern at least until this time next year. (I hope I'm wrong). 

since the IFR is about the same as a normal flu and flu comes and goes every year I would say forever

It seems there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

I am sorry to say that this will continue for possibly several more years.

I believe this virus is going to act similar to the flu virus and although I am sure a vaccine will be found to help prevent people from getting the Covid virus I don't think a vaccine to actually stop it will be found for a long time.

The virus is likely to act like the flu also by mutating every year and the scientist will be constantly be playing catch up.

I wholeheartedly pray I am wrong and a cure will be soon very soon.

my guess is a year to 18 months ... say Christmas 2021

• xyzzy

Where I live there is no law that says anyone has to ware a mask in public places. Many businesses require you to ware a mask  but there is no law.

not until a vaccine has been widely circulated.