Is loneliness worse than coronavirus?

55 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

only if you are depressed and have an invisible friend named Arvid while living in a tree

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Becoming vitamin D deficient by isolating yourself indoors for long periods of time cannot be good. 

• 1 month ago

Generally yes. Many people don't even know when they have the virus. This virus has been made political since the same precautions need to be taken with the common flu or cold with people whose immune systems are compromised. Imagine if we did this for the common cold/flu, it would be laughable. There is not even a way to know the true death count since we already have evidence of people dying in a something like a car crash and if they tested positive for covid, that gets listed as the cause of death in order to make the numbers look higher than they really are. While Trump got the best medical treatment, he tells us Melania got over it the old fashion way, meaning the coronavirus is not the death sentence the democrats and liberal media would like you to believe. I know people who did not even know they had covid until they were tested and had the antibody. Those who did have symptoms, generally had mild symptoms. Occasionally I hear of someone having really bad symptoms, but it is ridiculous for economies to be locked down and even healthy people to wear masks. It should only be those who are vulnerable due to underlying conditions that care should be taken.

• 1 month ago

For many yes it is my friend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think I would rather be dead than lonely. Some things are more important than breathing, such as, our emotional needs being met. Imo loneliness is worse than Coronavirus. 

Besides, death is a totally natural part  of the human experience. Everyone dies. Loneliness and isolation are NOT natural at all.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Corona is worse.Loneliness is created by you  and you can change what you have made.Corona may lead you to your maker permanently but not loneliness

• 1 month ago

There are two kinds of loneliness being alone and being alone among people.

• 1 month ago

Yes it is, wear a mask and let people chill in small groups. I'm an introvert but this is just ridiculous

• 1 month ago

have you been following the story about the recent "spike" in Australia?

it was apparently traced to a truck driver that strayed beyond his "approved" travel circle to enjoy a weekend with a few mates...turns out he was unknowingly COVID positive and asymptomatic and his little "side trip" resulted in 10-15 new cases...

after the ensuing panic resulted in extended lockdowns and resumption of curfews, social media erupted with numerous threats of violence against him, his friends and family...

Australian mental health authorities have attributed the extreme response as more than just "COVID fatigue" and stress due to economic hardship...they say that the lockdown protocols have put many people into forced isolation and that the limited social interaction is creating a widespread form of PTSD... even as COVID numbers decline, depression diagnoses and calls to suicide hotlines are on the upswing...

in short, while the country has enjoyed relatively good success in containing COVID, the measures that achieved that success may be creating much broader and longer-lasting public heath problems...

• 1 month ago

Loneliness is temporary. Death is permanent.  When assessing a risk the severity and likelihood  occurrence determine its overall risk. Nonzero chance of death is always a concern.

Also you can have the worst of both.  If you die while infected with Covid-19 you will die lonely.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.