I don't refrigerate my soft drinks?

Is it still fresh after 5 days?

It doesn't say on the bottle to refrigerate it. 

I opened it and been drinking a small proton for 5 days. 

Chains like Publix, Winn-Dixie and Walmart have entire aisles completely devoted to soda packs of various sizes; considering the extra expenditure that they carry with the refrigerators without doors, why do soft drinks don't elicit the convenience of refrigeration that, for example, beer does for the public?*

You show a picture of something nasty that is NOT a soda.

Unopened soda will be fizzy 500 years from now. It is fine.

I hope that, in the place where you live, there are signs that say "in case of fire or flood, leave the building and seek a safe place".

Its best to refrigerate it. While it's sealed, a layer of carbon dioxide prevents it from oxidising in contact with oxygen in the air. After it's opened it will start to degrade and oxidise and bacteria, mould spores, wild yeasts and insects can get into it and spoil it. swigging from the bottle will introduce bacteria too.

I wouldn't leave it on top of a radiator either (as in your picture).

no. after its opened u shud refrigerate if longer than a day. they dont say it because they assume u will finish the beverage within the day. However , if u do leave it sit outside after 5 days, the syrup willl thicken and u will feel some clogging feeling in the throat. especially if it was a hot day.. hope that helps. ps. the fizz will be gone also

• kswck2

Considering how long they are not Already refriderated from the manufacture point till the time you buy them? You are fine. 

I actually take my Coke Zero out of the fridge, open the can, and let it sit overnight so that it warms and loses its fizz.  Then I drink it.  I've found that both the fizz and the cold detract from the flavor of Coke Zero.

Yeah I know that's crazy, but that's the way I like it.

• Mark

That's because you DON'T have to refrigerate them, though drinking warm soda sounds off-putting.