I don't refrigerate my soft drinks?

Is it still fresh after 5 days?

It doesn't say on the bottle to refrigerate it. 

Update:

I opened it and been drinking a small proton for 5 days. 

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Chains like Publix, Winn-Dixie and Walmart have entire aisles completely devoted to soda packs of various sizes; considering the extra expenditure that they carry with the refrigerators without doors, why do soft drinks don't elicit the convenience of refrigeration that, for example, beer does for the public?*

• 1 month ago

You show a picture of something nasty that is NOT a soda.

• 1 month ago

Unopened soda will be fizzy 500 years from now. It is fine.

• 1 month ago

I hope that, in the place where you live, there are signs that say "in case of fire or flood, leave the building and seek a safe place".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Its best to refrigerate it. While it's sealed, a layer of carbon dioxide prevents it from oxidising in contact with oxygen in the air. After it's opened it will start to degrade and oxidise and bacteria, mould spores, wild yeasts and insects can get into it and spoil it. swigging from the bottle will introduce bacteria too.

I wouldn't leave it on top of a radiator either (as in your picture).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no. after its opened u shud refrigerate if longer than a day. they dont say it because they assume u will finish the beverage within the day. However , if u do leave it sit outside after 5 days, the syrup willl thicken and u will feel some clogging feeling in the throat. especially if it was a hot day.. hope that helps. ps. the fizz will be gone also

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Considering how long they are not Already refriderated from the manufacture point till the time you buy them? You are fine. 

• 1 month ago

I actually take my Coke Zero out of the fridge, open the can, and let it sit overnight so that it warms and loses its fizz.  Then I drink it.  I've found that both the fizz and the cold detract from the flavor of Coke Zero.

Yeah I know that's crazy, but that's the way I like it.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's because you DON'T have to refrigerate them, though drinking warm soda sounds off-putting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.