Which oil is better for you? Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Cod Liver Oil?

• Goerge

Gotta take a drink every time I say EVOO and for all the times you asked this question in one form or another. 

Neither, I rarely have EVOO(sorry but that's quicker) and I never have cod oil. Let's assume cod oil is better but in such small quantities EVOO ends up being better for you because you have more of it and the nutritional impact of the cod oil is negligible. I'd rather have avocado oil which is better for me and is less expensive than EVOO. Avocado oil is also more versatile in that its smoke point is 100F hotter than EVOO which means that avocado oil won't burn as easily. Avocado oil is also relatively neutral in taste when heated and I really don't need flavored oil because I'm not going to drink it and I can use my own herbs, spices, veggies or other additive to flavor it myself. Now that I think about it, I just did that yesterday(pic below). On this side of the fire it tastes faintly of avocados and grass and will compliment a salad just as easily, better imo, than EVOO. EVOO is also a little strong in that it doesn't accept flavors as easily as avocado oil. 

• hamel5

Probably Cod liver oil . But.... you can't really use it in cooking or as a salad dressing - It's got more of a medicinal use, where you can use olive oil extensively.  

• virgin oil because i am super pure