Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

If you use fake names, do you still use Mr/Ms?

For a nonfiction book; changing people’s names that I know. So if I was raised to use “Mr” for an adults name, but Im using a fake name, do I still put the Mr before the fake name...? 

If he’s Mr. Muller in real life, do I say Mr. Fred or just Fred? 

The names are just examples; if I use fake names I don’t plan on doing a first and last name that are fake- just one fake name to refer them by... Like person A

UH, and exactly WHY would you do it any differently than the way you do OTHER names? I mean, duh. If you normally use Mister then use it, and if you don't then don't. People nowadays would make SUCH dumb spies. The whole POINT of a fake name is to pass successfully and get away with it, NOT to be so obvious that you get caught and NOT get away with it. This just reminds me of dumbass people I have known who try to get away with something by constantly looking over their shoulders, staring HARD at the faces of the people they're trying to fool . . . just to see if they're really fooled, and keep talking loudly about the thing they're trying to get away with . .  even when you walk into a restaurant with them. They talk so loudly in the restaurant about whatever the damn secret is, that only completely deaf people could possibly not know. So you want to use fake names but you want to do something different with the fake names, maybe to make them stand out as obviously fake names. Like you usually don't use Mister but with the fake names you will. Or you usually use Mister but you are not going to use Mister with the fake names. Like I said, dumb.

Oh yes you do, Gabe. You most certainly do. In fact, it goes much further. You have to refer to them as "My Lord" and/or "My Lady" too, as well as the Mr./Mrs. situation, followed by an endearment of some kind. It's the law. Yes, Gabe, the LEGAL law.

For instance, using your own example, the full fake name should be "Mr. Fred My Lord Boobilicious" - or something along those lines. Hope this helped, Gabes.

• Marli

If Fred is your character's first name, type "Fred". 

The "Mr" proceeds the last name or, when you type his full name the first time.

Mr Fred Jones would be Mr Jones. 

• Sandy

Just use the actual initials, since it's non-fiction.

So the man's real name is Fergus Mueller, and you call him Mr. Mueller, and the fake name is Fred Miller?

You would either call this fake named character Mr. Miller or Fred. Never "Mr." and the first name.