EIN number Name Change?

I started an LLC at the beginning of March this year, my initial company name was filed with the state and my EIN number was requested at that time with the name. The name was rejected by the state because they had multiple companies with the same name. I changed my name, and filed my LLC within state. I have tried since March to change my business name with IRS, no response. I've sent two letters, and called multiple times. I haven't been able to do anything with my business, would it be ok for me to request a new EIN number with my business name and request IRS close out the initial EIN number that was provided. The intial EIN number has my old business name associated.

1 Answer

  • 2 months ago

    You don't know what you're doing. Hire someone who does know what they're doing.

    Creating a business entity by someone who doesn't know what they're doing is guaranteed disaster.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.