dave asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 month ago

Is it alright to squat (with feet up or stand) on the bowl of a sitting toilet?

190 pounds here. Will the bowl break if i stand or squat on it?

No, it won't break. It is designed to support 300 pounds.

The seat might crack.

It's not going to break, just don't slip.

Bowl likely won't break.  The seat would if it is plastic and you stand on it.  If you fall and bang against the water tank or something, then all bets are off though.  Sudden shock can do some strangely hard to predict things.  Not clear if the floor and piping could deal with the stress of that unexpected weight on the bowl.  Depends on the specific location.  Wouldn't trust doing that in an old bar with wooden floors, myself, but a modern rest area with concrete floor ought to be fine.

I'd be more concerned with splashing of toilet water onto my legs, myself.

No! You are likely to break the toilet bowl.

(Or slip and cripple yourself).

As long as the bowl has no existing cracks, it should be fine.  Remember that when sitting on a toilet, nearly all of your weight is on it anyway.

Be very careful - there is much more risk of an accident falling than there is of the toilet breaking.

• Dixon

The bowl will take your weight but you are very likely to slip off and injure yourself