Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

Is 33/34 too late to have your first kid? ?

Is 33/34 too late to have my first kid? 

I have no health issues at all and regular normal periods. BMI and everything is normal. The thing is I’m only 24 and I am really not ready for kids for a while. I only want one, is 33/34 an ok age? I seem to be getting conflicting information. My mother did have her first at 27 and me at 30 so I feel like a few years difference shouldn’t be much of a problem? 

• Lili
    5 days ago

Of course not. Plenty of people have had their first children at that age.

My maternal grandmother had her first child -- my mother -- at 35.

No it isn't I am 23, married with kids! My mom had me at 36 (got pregnant at 35 with me),

• God

Heck no, my first was born when I was 43.

Your okay 30s are the new mom age now, so do not worry about it

No. This is the age i'll be ready to have my first child. I'm a 29 year old British female.

NO, it is exactly the right age.  but you better do it soon or you will run out of time

I came along when my mother was 38 - I am her only child.. A little man called Adolf kept my parents apart for a few years.

We started our family when my wife was 32, next two came along when she was 34 and 37.

In general, without thinking about any other pressures which might be in your life, maybe best to start trying in your early to mid 30s. BUT - you have got to find the man first!  

Maybe good to get yourself checked over by an OB/GYN soon, just to check if there are any issues within your body which might affect conception and pregnancy if you do delay for 9 or 10 years.

Best of luck when you are ready. Only one? What if it is twins?!

• Jill

No. If you're still ovulating (and most women are at that age) then it's not too late.  

Plenty of women have children at that age.

If that is what you want - then there is nothing wrong with waiting.  

Since you are only 24 right now - you have plenty of time to save money and have a stable home before having the child.

If you can get pregnant at that age, and there is no reason why not, then it's not too late is it?

What your did 25 years ago is immaterial. Times have changed.

200 years ago if you weren't married by your age, you were considered past it! Hardly the case now.

I have one friend who had her first child two days before her 40th birthday, and another friend, whose daughter got pregnant for the first time at 40!

What IS important is that you are in a stable relationship, financially secure and really want that child!