Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Do you remember this time 29 years ago (1991) ?

do you have any recollection of what you were doing in October 1991 ?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I was still teaching at two of the three colleges on Staten Island, recovering from an appendectomy, and driving my fifth car I had ever owned, which I usually had to drive my wife to her job as a school psychologist.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I was at school, but also had two weeks autumn break and our regional fair too place- as it has been every year for the last 1100 years. 

And my granny was still alive.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I was a kid.  I loved Dragon Ball Z.   

• 1 month ago

The same old mundane things I remember.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I do indeed.

One of my activities that month in 1991 was chairing a science fiction convention here in Ottawa. It went very well, upwards of 500 people attended, and our PR mailout got the local CBC TV station to have their weatherman do his reports on the Friday 6-7 PM news hour from our convention.

That worked very well for us from a PR standpoint, as at that time, the convention had only been going on for a couple of hours, so some folks did see it, and then came on down.

Plus, I got interviewed live to air, and I loaned the CBC guy my Star Trek uniform shirt, while I wore the convention t-shirt. I had my VCR record the whole hour, so I still have that as a memento.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I did not yet exist outside of God's mind

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, i remember 

• 1 month ago

Vividly. The country was recovering from the ridiculous character assassination of a conservative black man by the left, Clarence Thomas, who was appointed to SCOTUS by Bush 41 and confirmed by the Senate on October 15.

A little over a week later, my father in law passed away suddenly. 

It's not a month I'll ever forget.

• 1 month ago

Yes, I remember...I was feral... no wife, no house, no bills...traveling the US with my buds hanging iron. Man...I miss those days !

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I was overseas in the Airforce, but exactly what I was doing 29 years ago today, I have no idea at all. And I don't suppose many other people do either. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.