Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

What does this question mean on job application?

Do you have experience working in an information management or information technology business environment?

I watched a video on IM and it just appears to be how documents could be stores physically like in a binder or electronically on a computer where someone may use subfolders or a USB Stick for example.

Please help... trying to figure out if I have this experience or not.

Information management is a wordy way of saying "filing and processing" of documents related to the business. Information technology is another wordy way of saying "I can use a computer to help me do the above."

Do you have the experience of moving paper around and using a computer? Then you can say you have this experience.  Unless they are talking about specific software use--such as using Excel, database, or any other word-processing/spreadsheet software, these descriptions are very general and all-encompassing; almost anyone who has ever worked in an office or used a computer for anything has the skills needed. 

Source(s): worked in HR for 31 years

I saw a video on cardiac surgery. I suppose that means that I have experience in surgery.

You say that you have no experience. They would be able to figure it out in about 13 seconds anyway.

Jesus, you're a phucking moron.  Yeah, who cares about a 4 year degree and 5 years experience, you watched a 5 minute youtube video.

If yiu have to ask, you don't.

If YOU don't know what experience you have kid, then sure as eggs are eggs, no one else does!

If you don't know what it means or you have to watch a video about it, well, to me, it doesn't sound like you have experience in it!

• Tavy

Have you ever worked in these businesses?

Looking at a video means NO