traditional dessert for wedding anniversary?

we've heard serving cake and ice cream is traditional for a wedding anniversary. but to save on funds. we're thinking of serving cupcakes and ice cream parfait. which is best? cake and ice cream? cupcakes and ice cream parfait? or doesn't it matter? (picture of ice cream parfait below)

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Dave and I recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and I’ve always wanted to recreate some of the culinary moments we remember from our wedding.

The best part of all this was our oldest child thought she was going to a wedding and invited her school friends, teachers etc. We tried explaining what an anniversary was, but it was too cute watching her get all excited to see ‘the bride AND the groom’ and how she wanted to kiss them and wear a fancy dress.

It was ten years ago when Dave and I got married. We had the most amazing almond and raspberry wedding cake by Lincoln Bakery here in Pittsburgh. I gave thought to going back to the bakery to get a small cake done, but decided it was ‘more from the heart’ if I made it myself.

• 1 month ago

never heard or had ice cream with cake at any anniversary I ever attended. Serve what ever you want, its YOUR party.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You don't say how many guests will be attending.  That could make a difference in how you figure your cost. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd serve cake or ice cream, not both.

A little side of fruit on either would be a nice addition to serve, and not much more expensive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It doesn't matter. You can serve anything you like. Cake and ice cream, cupcakes and parfait (I can't see why that would be cheaper), just cake, just ice cream, or any dessert there is.

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Have you actually priced it out and know that cupcakes and parfait are cheaper than just cake and ice cream? My experience is that a sheet cake that will be cut is almost always cheaper per serving than individual cupcakes. Same with ice cream-getting a bigger quantity and then scooping out individual servings is likely to be cheaper than a parfait with fruit and cream. If you’re planning a party, then yes, cake and ice cream will require more labor, but that still could be cheaper than individual portions that are pre-made. I’d check my pricing if I were you.

• 1 month ago

Anniversaries don't have food traditions - as there's no requirement for a party or anything involving anyone but the couple, who can spend it in any way they choose. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd just go for custard - and lots of it!

• 1 month ago

I've never heard of a traditional wedding anniversary dessert tbh. I think cake and ice cream is just usually served because it has mass appeal and is quick and cheap. Same with all celebrations. Theres just usually cake 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i dont think everyone like strawberry jam tbh....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.