Have you ever used adult coloring books before?

I'm thinking of trying one. Are they any good?

• Elaine
    Favorite Answer

I find they are very relaxing and colour creative. Only in these types of books can you have fuschia and turquoise  coloured fish with lime green fins.  The colours you use are up to your imagination.  These books do come in themes such as forest animals, flowers, etc.  Right now I am working on a Jane Austen colouring book. 

No, I've a friend who's really into them.  Mindfulness stuff makes me really angry and want to tear people's throats out and throw furniture through windows.  Going for a run relaxes me.  I guess what I'm saying is that if mindfulness activities sooth you you'll probably like coloring in but if mindfulness makes you crazy don't expect paper and a pack of color pencils to work some sort of voodoo on you.

• denise

I've used the colouring in pictures [on cards] before, they made nice gifts / calendar tops,  but it was quite a few years ago now.

There's some beautiful ones available. 

I was given two, by different people, along with colored pencils and markers. So I tried them.

While I can appreciate some people might find it utterly relaxing and a stress reliever, it wasn't for me.

But they're not expensive or anything. What have you got to lose, trying it for yourself?

• drip

Any good?? In what way?

Many people find it relaxing. Fun.  A bit creative, 

There are many different adult coloring books in different themes.