Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Why is COVID19 more contagious than the flu?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

1.   Because you are contagious BEFORE you show any symptoms.   It is during that time that people feel fine and are running around infecting other people.   With the flu when you get sick you know you are sick and you stay away from other people.   2.   People will NOT do what they need to do to protect others.   They refuse to wear a mask,   they will not social distance,  they gather in large crowds,  etc.     A quarter million people got covid and it can be traced right back to that motorcycle rally in Sturgis, SD.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It isn't. Since this thing started at the beginning of the year only 1.1% of the UK population have tested positive for it.

• 1 month ago

Let me see.  

Total cases of COIV19 since March (8 months): 8 millionTotal cases of H1N1 flu under Obama/Biden (over 6 months): 60 millionSo explain to me how that makes COVID19 more contagious?

Now, the death rate from COVID19 has been higher than the death rate from H1N1.  So they are taking more precautions to try to prevent its spread.  So I can see why it might seem to be more contagious. But the facts show it is not.

• 1 month ago

Nature of the virus. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Good question. I doubt they know why yet. But experts are saying that it is.

• Gorgia
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

If you look at the numbers flu pretty much went away. Then everything was COVID-19. If that says anything. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.