Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 month ago

Why are most of the black comic book characters non-canon?

Offworld

Miles Morales isn't he is half Latino.

I don't understand the question.  Comic characters are definitely canon, and the black ones are no exception.  There may be a few such cases, but it would definitely not be the norm.

I don't know what you mean. All the black comic book characters I know are canon. Meteor-Man. Blank-Man. Spawn. Black Lighting. Static Shock. Spiderman. Black Superman. Black Kid Flash. Storm. Blade. Hancock. Black Panther. I have never seen a Black non-canon character unless you are referring to fan fiction. Only time a character would be consider non-canon is if it's fan fiction. Take a look at Super Saiyan 4. A lot of Dragonball Fans likes to say it's non-canon but that's not entirely true. Super Saiyan 4 is canon to the franchise but not canon to the original creator of Dragonball. Super Saiyan 5 is non-canon and only fan fiction. In places like DC and Marvel, any character that comes out of those company is canon regardless of what people say.

Most are caricatures of other "superheroes" who happen to be white. They've been added as a marketing ploy to get blacks to buy the comics, and hence not developed to the same extent as the originals.

Note: have you noticed how many of even the "original" characters have been updated and are no longer strictly to the canon?

I don’t totally understand that question, but I guess the answer is, 90% of the most popular comic characters were made in the 40s-60s by white guys who based the characters on their own race. Please explain your question in an edit tho. Your edit of offworld doesn’t totally make sense, my only guess is you may be referring to Milestone comics, an imprint of DC comics from the 90s by black creators starring black heroes taking place in its own universe, but they were eventually merged into the main DC universe years after most of the books ended.