Any good places to find motorcycle helmets cheap? Preferably used?

First of all it's necessary for me to clarify that I am not a motorist in the slightest and the quality of the helmet (besides comfort I suppose) is not an issue for me here. I'm looking for a helmet for the sake of a costume I have planned and motorcycle helmets are the type of thing where it's difficult to find costume variants of. So I guess my question here is: What would be the type of place that would have helmets for absolutely dirt cheap? As I said quality is not an issue, if anyone even has a history of finding helmets at secondhand places then please tell me! Links to any online stores would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I hope this question doesn't feel like an intrusion on actual discussion.

marketplace or carboot sales or if you ant new ebay or aliexpress etc

You can check around thrift shops/goodwill or pawn shops - most usually have at least one old helmet laying around cheap.

Then you DON'T need a motorcycle helmet. A Darth Vadar helmet will do.  All plastic, shatters on impact when hit with a stun blaster.

Really used helmets are full of blood and brain guts.  Or still on the rider. Meaning "he will cut you" ifa you toucha his stuffa.

Hell, buy a football helmet for your costume.  That is more plastic crap.

Motor cycle shop has a box of no name brand helmets that are good enough for riding with and shouldn't cost a lot.    Doubt if a second hand store is going to be cheaper.

I would Never Buy a used motorcycle Crash helmet

Has it been dropped has it been in a crash don't Know so is it cracked Don't Know

Your Head is better off with a new Helmet

• adam

well since your not wearing it on a motorcycle . just using it for a costume quality and safety arent a consideration. Try looking at goodwill . Salvation army stores. Garage sales. Craigslist . Look on craigslist in the FREE section . You would be surprised at what people just give away. 

If you have a $10 dollar head; then you can wear a $10 dollar helmet

Good Will. I've found passable Shoeis  there for $25. Or CraigsList, yard sales, swap meets. 

Not Pawn shops, they are usually  too high.  Did Once find a nice Marlon Branflakes  thick American-Made leather  jacket for $10 at one, though.  Had been there 8 months, the price had dropped every month. Still use it in the winter.

• CB

If you lived in the mid-atlantic area I would give you a couple of old ones. They are supposed to be trashed every 5 years (I go longer but that is the current thinking). Post an add on craigslist - looking for costume motorcycle helmet cheap!

you could try amazon, they sell used stuff

• Mark

Pawn shops.  EBay.  Craigslist.