Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Could the covid lockdown last for 20 years and the USA government distribute welfare checks to lockdown affected workers?

Would this be doable, financially?

• Foofa

Not without becoming insolvent as a nation. Even if every "billionaire" forfeited the entirety of their wealth it wouldn't be nearly enough to pay us all to do nothing for two decades. We can only borrow for so long before somebody needs to start paying for some of these goodies. 

• ree

I expect it to be contained by next yr. I expect a vaccine by then and I expect treatment to become more sophisticated/widespread so it becomes less deadly. Also, I expect testing to be more widespread, accurate and quicker results. Early detection prevents spreading it. However, I expect it to get worse before it gets better so be prepared.

i would hope not, i hate all these lockdowns

• Troy

No it is not. We are social animals and our financial success is inextricably linked to our mental, physical, and spiritual (psychological) health.