Is it possible to get tested Positive for Covid-19 a second time??

Update:

When I first got tested Positive for Covid, I didn’t have any symptoms and I still don’t have any symptoms. I want to get tested again. Is it possible that I will be tested positive a second time after being tested positive the first time??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I got it twice.  my first time i didnt get it very bad  just an itchy throat for like a weak.  second time i got it really ******* bad.  was debating going to ER.  was almost to the point where i couldnt breath and was coughing like i had tuberculosis.  luckily  doubling my antibiotics dose did the trick.   I think it depends on how bad you get it the first time.  if you dont build up a strong enough immunity you can still get it again

• 1 month ago

For sure, it's possible. Although you tested POS the first time, technically you were infected with Covid-19. It is also possible, that you may test NEGATIVE due to your body fighting off the infection in the first place. 

Although there are people out there who have tested positive without symptoms, they could be classified as asymptomatic...& they (you) can still pass the virus on to others. The term usually is 'super spreader'.

• 1 month ago

Yes it is possible without doubt. 

• Etta
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If your body has the virus then yes - friend had the a mild covid virus few months ago and recovered but unfortunately she got it again and is very ill in hospital

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You could and since we don’t really know what that means, “live” virus versus just residual viral proteins, it’s not really recommended.

Source(s): Covid call center PA
  • 1 month ago

Yes, there has been a few documented cases of that happening.

• 1 month ago

Yes.  I did  for different reasons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.