How do i force my child to become an actress. He is a little shy but i want him to make it big in Hollywood?

Good luck.  You cannot force your child to be something he has little or no interest in  and most child stars crash and burn some where in there teen or young adult ages,

What a horrible idea. The majority of child stars grow up to be really screwed up adults. Why would you do that to your child? Are you nuts?

"Force"? I see the word used so much these days that I begin to wonder if some people don't understand what it means.

For an example of what "forcing" a child to become a performer can mean, I recommend a short story, "Whip Hand", by the late English writer Elizabeth Jane Howard.

???? 'actress' - 'he'? And anyway, parents never have the ability to make children have success in Hollywood.

• Tina

A very poor attempt at trolling.

• Cogito

That's a really poor trolling attempt.

Is your child is a 'he' or a 'she'?

Truth to be told, you can't. If one does it for the wrong reasons, like making it big in Hollywood, they will fail before they even start. It takes real passion for the CRAFT itself just to try. Dreaming about becoming rich and famous is not only unrealistic but also immature.

The truth is, 99.9% of *professional* actors (those who do manage to land an agent and start going to auditions for professional jobs, I'm not talking about those before that) will never make it big. They will forever work at least another job or two alongside acting just to pay their bills. The vast majority will never get more than a few minor acting roles, on small productions (including things no one's ever heard of, including theater), their entire career. They are hungry for food and live in a small apartment. Their looks, talent, and skills are constantly judged and they're more often than not rejected. They can easily fall into depression. And with all that, they STILL have to make sure they remain healthy and strong - physically AND mentally. That means exercising, eating healthy, getting your beauty treatment as needed, getting therapy if needed. THAT'S the reality for most professional actors. Is that really something you want for your child? Because, to me, it's something people should decide for themselves. You wanting to force your child into doing something that may ruin his life sounds like abuse to me, if I'm honest.

Just because someone is talented and likes acting, doesn't mean they should pursue it professionally. There's a huge difference. It's not for everyone and it's obviously not for your child, which is something you will just have to accept. Your child will not only fail but also resent you. And IF they do make it into the business, they can forget about a normal childhood/youth - a time in their life which they will never get back. Thanks to you.

The fact that you say "actress" and then "he" and "him" kind of exposes your real intentions. It's not about your child, it's about you. Please stop trying to live your own dreams through your offspring. If your child at some point, maybe when they're older, expresses an interest in pursuing a professional acting career (and I mean because he NEEDS to ACT, not because he has some childish fantasy about fame - that's all that it is, a fantasy), help him find a good acting school, research the business side, finance his career, network, take him to the auditions, shootings, meetings, etc. You do realize that it'd be all on YOU, right? That you'd be the one doing everything, running his career? It's not as simple as you seem to think.

If YOU want to be an actress (and/or you're really asking about yourself but hiding behind an imaginary child), start working for it. First adopt a realistic, mature approach. Make sure that it's the craft you have a passion for and not the fantasy. Get into some acting classes. See if it's for you at all. Listen to the feedback. See if you're good at it. In addition, research the business of it. That's what it is after all - show BUSINESS. No one's in this to make your dreams come true, they're in this to make money. Understand that. Then, do what I said above, about how to help your child if he wants to act professionally, but for yourself. But to be even more honest, I wouldn't waste my time. Acting is not for you either. Let me ask you this: would you be just as happy if you ended up "just" a theater actor? If you answer no, then find something else to do with your life. Real actors NEVER work this hard for so long, for the slim chance of "making it", for the fame and money. They know better. They do it because they NEED to ACT. You (or your child) obviously don't.