Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Is 13,000$ for a Hyundai 2018 accent a rip off?

I bought it and it has 55k miles on it did I get ripped off by the dealership?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's a bit steep - considering that a brand new 2021 Hyundai Accent starts at $15,395.

Whether you got 'ripped off' depends on a couple of factors though - if that price included tax/title/fees, it's clean, fairly well equipped, in good running condition, and has been properly maintained and not abused - then you gave them money, and they gave you a car.

As 'Barry' pointed out, you still have a few years on the factory warranty (should be a 5 year, 60K bumper to bumper, 100K drivetrain) so if it f**ks up before then you won't get a big repair bill.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope. At the time you thought that was a good price.  You "CHOSE" to buy it.  Just because, after you done the dirty, you find other vehicles that were cheaper..."IS ON YOU."

. The dealer is allowed to put on what price he feels he can wait for...so if he decides that $135,000 is the price on the car, he sticks that in the window. Again your choice.

. For the dealer the car may be sitting on the lot a long time, or there are a bunch of hungry suckers in your town willing to bite on that HOOK.   Yes, it is very much like fishing. Toss in the wrong bait(too high of a price) and there is no interest. Too low - bait(price) and every fish goes for it. So, he wanted someone more in the middle - the select special few.

"You are special"

Asking the question AFTER you have made the purchase is pointless. You accepted that cost. Now it is too late to do anything with that dealer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes it definitely is.

You can get a 2020 accent brand new for around 14,500 with some negotiation. Unless you got the automatic with all the options. It's better to get the 6-speed manual.

Attachment image
    Source(s): You still got a decent car either way, but yes that's definitely too high of a price. Could've just got a new one for slightly more.
  • 1 month ago

As I don’t know which country and whose version of the dollar you’re using, I cannot comment upon the price. I can’t even comment upon the correct price in my country as Hyundai haven’t sold the Accent in the UK for over ten years.

The dealer just offered a car at a price. Your job before agreeing to purchase was to do your homework to ensure that you agreed it was a fair price for everything you were getting. 

If you paid too much then you only ripped yourself off. Nothing to do about that now but learn from the experience so that you use your head and not your heart next time you buy a car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's pointless asking this question AFTER you have bought the car. The good part is that the car will have the remainder of the 5 year factory warrant left. Assuming it has been serviced to the maker's schedule. If a service has been missed or carried out improperly the warranty will be invalidated. Another thing you should have checked before purchase.

• 1 month ago

Don't you think you should have asked the question before you purchased the car?

• 1 month ago

No idea, is 13,000$ anything like $13,000?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.