Is starting more than one business at the same time a bad idea ?

I have just started an online clothing store and I am thinking to start my own influencer marketing agency where I help influencers, brands and bloggers connect with each other to collab. 

I am not too sure if I should start it later on or start it now as I only just started a business. Has anyone had any experience of having more than one business? How did you deal with it? What advice would you give me? 

If one is established it can be beneficial to start a second business for cross promotion, but starting two businesses simultaneously can be overwhelming and risky.

I know a lady who started a business growing and delivering fresh bean sprouts to local restaurants.  Made very good money...quit her government job.

She decided that she could combine that with starting a dry wall business with her friend.

It did not go well at all.

.

She drives UBER now.

It would be like trying to raise 2 toddlers alone, who live in separate houses on opposite ends of the city, with no help from others.  

I would say that, since you have already started the on line store, you are either going to have to PAY influencers, brands and bloggers to promote your stuff or you are going to have to do it yourself.

BUT - since you are wanting to start an AGENCY to do this....you need to be aware: there are at least two that I know of that already exist and already have a TON of people participating:

Fiverr and Upwork.

You are already going to be competing with other on line stores for business...why subject yourself to the added stress of competing with Fiverr and Upwork when ...in reality....you are going to need to hire some of their people to help promote and market YOU.

i dont think so