Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What do you think of the name Esther for a girl?

Yes!!! Super, Smashin'. Great/'. 

The original 'Esther' was a Biblical character. 

I like Esterhazy and their eponymic estate Esterhaza. My grandmother had a paternal grandmother who was an Esterhazy and her mother was part Esterhazy also and she named her daughter Esterhaza after their ancestral estate, but everyone assumes that it was the biblical Esther. Which was funnier because the Esterhazy Family ultimately derived from the tribe of Salomon, although it was a Magyar tribe and not Jewish. Still, after the Second World War, it was kind of a good thing to leave a little confusion. Esterhaza certainly had more than a little confusion when she manifested a Star scroll and got me to sign it when I was six, by saying that she was "from an ancient royal house" and "served the dragons". You could name your child Star or Esther or Esterhaza for the Esterhazys. Eostre or Easter might be interesting too, with the right middle name.

• I personally don't like it but it's completely your choice! 

I usually love old fashioned names. Especially ones that start with E. Unfortunately,  Esther is really outdated, and kinda harsh sounding I feel like there are more prettier old fashioned girl names that you could choose. Plus, it always reminds me of the movie the orphan. It's a good movie, but creepy as hell. If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it! 

I love the name Esther for a girl.

It's too old-fashioned for me. It's one of those 1880s names along with Ella, Eva, Edna, Edith, Estelle, Eliza and Emily. Emma is the only name from that E era that I like.

• blank

I love the name Esther.

It’s a good Biblical name . Not one I’d choose but it’s a good one 

think it is just a little too dated for a revival just yet.

I do know someone who had their baby on Easter, and they named her Esther

Terrible if you want her to grow up normal. 

If you want her to be a crazy cat lady then name her ester or Edna or something that is equally significant of an old lady name.