Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 1 month ago

Don't you hate when people call others retarded?

Some people keep calling me retarded. I can't get it out of my head. I think it's offensive and insensitive.

I am just tired of hearing the word. 

I keep thinking about the stuff they said. 

I don't act retarded. I don't bother anyone.

Favorite Answer

That insult is usually due to provocation. So if you goad people in some way some will use the term. Maybe you need to be more diplomatic or at least make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth? In any event just ignore insults and the perpetrator will get bored and desist.

I agree that it is insensitive, but it's not really offensive unless you allow it to offend you.  Retarded people are the way they are because of genetics, not refusal to learn or anything.

Depends really if people take it seriously or not.

• Marvin

Yes, and it is even worse when they say:

"Libtard"

or

"Gaytarded"

"I can't get it out of my head."

That's a clear sign that you are actually retarded ... but no one is perfect

• Ralph

Its only offensive if your actually retarded, otherwise its just a figure of speech. And maybe your acting retarded and need to be called out about it.

• Goerge

And? They are getting exactly what they want. You're letting them control you. That's the retarded part of it.