Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do poor Republicans freak out when Democrats want to raise taxes on the rich?

• Bill

What do you think happens to wealth disparity when you tax a person that makes 400k the same high tax rate as someone that makes several million a year? If you hate wealth disparity then attacking the entire 1% is only going to make things worse.  

In order to encourage market competition and a decline in wealth disparity it might be a good idea to promote the growth of business instead of taxing their money away as soon as they get anywhere close to the 0.1%. 

In any event, some people are simply against this kind of class warfare where the left has determined it is acceptable to attack people based on how much money they earn.  

It's also a lie to suggest that the US has the lowest tax rates in the civilized (whatever that means) world. This lie was prevalent when Obama was in office even if the US at the time had the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. 

Wrong.

I want to see Bezos taxed 85% of his income and 50% of his assets seized!

Break up Amazon!

Same with Gates, Google, Yahoo, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Because they don't listen to other sides. The right-wing media lies to them constantly. I heard on the radio yesterday from a right-wing show that if Biden is elected, you will be taxed at 62% and how will poor people be able to pay their rent and buy food for their children?!?! Please remember that fear comes from a very low part of the brain, and when you experience fear, blood goes to that area and less to the "thinking" parts of your brain. That's why Republicans use all these fear tactics - it's easier to scare people into a "flight or fight" response than come up with logical explanations (because logical explanations will result in their sheep seeing the truth).

Oh, and @Kathy - why yes, many people have great jobs because they worked for a "poor" person just starting out and now, together, they have built a big business. I am one example of that. When I started my business over 30 years ago, I put all of my assets into starting it, and lived off next to nothing. Look at Microsoft, Apple, and so many other successful businesses. Most started from nothing!

Because they have never gotten a job from a poor person.

It's weird, right?

Because it is a bad idea.  it does not work to raise more revenue.  People with money always find ways to hold onto it.

Because their trailer park fees will go up

USA has the lowest tax rate in the civilized world. 

Taxes are still far too high.

They lose supporters.....................