Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

My 18 years old son with ADHD has COVID-19 and refusing to take treatment hoping it'll end his life ?

He says ADHD is not letting him live and he prayed that he'd get COVID and die. Now he has covid and refusing to get treatment hoping it'll get worse.

What I'm supposed to do now 

7 Answers

  • Marc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    The only option you have is to have him legally declared incompetent for making his own healthcare decisions. You have to petition a court to grant you as having power over his healthcare choice. You will need a lawyer as well as a psychiatrist.psychologist to declare him noncompus.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    You decided to choose "Declare him mentally incompetent" as best answer.

    If you seriously think that will help your son, you're a bad parent. Leave him alone.

  • 1 month ago

    drag him to the doctors by the ear

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Since it's almost never fatal in anyone that age without preexisting breathing problems why bother?   Let him be a little drama queen and ignore him.   Sounds like it's time to cut the apron strings and let him know that he needs to find a new place to live when he recovers.  

    Not to mention the fact that if you are really the parent of a 18 year old and you need advice here instead of calling a doctor about it like a real adult would do then it doesn't speak too well of your intelligence either.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Leave him alone, its his life, and he is unhappy with it as it is. Why did you not worry about his adhd when he was  child?  This is a easy way out for him, let him have his peace.

  • 1 month ago

    Pray.  Not much else  you can do since he's 18.  By the time you had him legally declared mentally incompetent he may be dead.  If you've never asked Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior, now would be a good time.  Please read the New Testament for more information.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  If you are a believer yourself already, try to share the gospel message with him.  Read the Gospel of John to him.  I will pray for both of you.  May God bless you.  

    P.S.  At his age, if he's  in reasonably good health, he will probably survive.  I wish you the best. 

  • 1 month ago

    Make sure his life insurance is paid up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.