Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

How do you like to cook and eat sweet potato?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I wash and dry the sweet potato, then wrap it in parchment, overlapped with ends twisted, think like a wrapped hard candy, then bake at 350-375 on a baking sheet til it's soft when I sqeeze it.  This is the BEST way I've ever found to cook sweet potatoes.  Works on all of them, including ube.  Also a great way to cook beets.  Something about being inside the parchment paper causes sugars to caramelize.  YUM!

• 1 month ago

I like to cook potato

• 1 month ago

Roasted in the oven, skin on unwrapped. 

The inside gets nice and soft the skin a bit crispy. 

Cut open with a pat of butter added.

If I am being indulgent a bit of brown sugar and some cinnamon. 

• 1 month ago

I will roast sweet potato in the oven. I cut it into cubes, brush it with oil and add salt, pepper and what ever spices I feel like and then cook it until the cubes are tender inside and the outside is crispy. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carrie
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Sweet potatoes MUST be poked, coated in butter, wrapped in foil and then baked on oven rack until tender. 

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I love sweet potato pie, and sometimes eat them sliced and raw, alone or in a salad,  or boil / microwave them soft, mash them up with butter and some brown sugar to make a kind of mashed casarole thing.  And of course, how delicious are sweet potato fries?!   :)

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Every Thanksgiving, my wife wants a candied sweet potato dish like her (deceased) Mom made. But she hasn't a clue of a recipe, ingredients or even cooking time. So Every year, I try it a bit differently-it's been 12 years and I still haven't gotten it right. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

as french fries.

or in  a candied yam recipe.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I just boil the sweet potatoes.

• 1 month ago

For best tasting sweet potatoes, I agree that a roasted potato is the best. However, that can be 45 minutes or longer in the oven. Thus, personally, I sacrifice a little bit of the "best" taste for convenience. 

I stab a few holes using a fork. Microwave for 7 minutes, then bake at 400 F for about 10 minutes. You still get some caramelization of skin, the texture of the potato is still soft but not watery and it's more convenient (especially if you need to preheat the oven/toaster overn). 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.