Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why aren't most people married with kids by age 25 anymore?

define marriage first ... living with someone is same as married for the most part 

have children ,,, people not choose not to have them BY FREE CHOICE 

we are not required to conform to the rules of 200 years ago 

• April

Times have changed a lot. I'm 25 and most of my friends settled down/are having kids, but it's not a requirement for everyone. (A person's character isn't defined by their marital status or breeding abilities.)

Some people take a few years to establish their career/get ahead financially. The cost of housing is outrageous, especially when you bring a family in the picture. Plus in the old days, sex was only for married couples since they had no access to contraception. Nowadays, it's much different.

I'm a 35 year old male and university educated.   and still thinking if I want to raise a family and get married.   Due to the fact, life expenses are very high in big cities (In california especially).   Housing are very very expensive and I still rent an apt at this age.  

and not to mention, the woman.   not only they are gold digger but they are not loyal to their husbands.  If their husband has a financial problem, they want a divorce.  if their husband is not a good looking and loving husband, they will find a better looking male to get married.   so like the song, where is love?  

so to answer your question, because people are too demanding and life is too expensive compared to a life in the 80s.    People were happy back then and my Parents said so. 

• drip

From when my mom was married in 1955 to now. 

More men go to college and don’t get married right out of HS

A lot more women go to college.

More jobs require more than a HS diploma.

Birth control.

It is now Socially acceptance to live together 

It is now Socially acceptable to marry later.

Cost of living. Buying a home is much more difficult and raising kids is much more expensive.

Why aren't people married with kids by the age of 16, like they used to be ?

Because they don't need to be and because it is damned expensive to raise children, so waiting until one has a better-paying job makes it easier.

P.S. Did you know that translating from the original Hebrew (via Latin, to English), the word generally translated as virgin, can also mean maiden. In other words Joseph might have married Mary when she was perhaps 13-14 years old (as was common at the time) and Jesus might have been born when she was not even 16 years old. OK, so she was probably a virgin when Joseph married her. But the immaculate conception is unnecessary.

Because they're smart. I had three kids - two by the time I was 23. I had the third one 10 years later when I was in my 30's. One thing that struck me was that I was different with her than the other two. MATURITY makes a big difference. When the youngest was two, we had a walk on the beach. She stopped. With the other two, I would have just picked them up and kept walking. This time, I stopped to look what she was doing. She was wriggling her toes in the sand. I watched her face as she digested this new feeling she had never encountered before. Quite an experience! Made me wonder/regret about the things I missed with my older two while I was younger. Maturity has a lot of benefits. 

• JuanB

When old age was 30, people were married with kids at age 15.

When old age was 50, people were married with kids at age 25.

Now old age is 80

Because they don't want to get married or have kids. It's not a pressure younger people feel. Especially with how the world is now.

All comes down to personal choice.  People's priorities may have changed and they want to put their emotional attention elsewhere.

Not everybody wants to be married OR have kids. I’m one of them.