CiCi
CiCi asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Does this mean that the police think they were trying to kill me?

A couple of days ago some bullets came through my window and traveled through out my home. When the police came they swore that it was a stray bullet that traveled from another neighborhood and apparently they found a bunch of casings outside in the parking lot and up and down the street. They stated the people were nowhere near my home. The only bullet to remain in tact is the one that damaged my home and almost injured my family.

I was checking the status of the police report online and it stated aggravated assault with gun. Doesn't that imply that they really were near me?

No, that implies that they were trying to shoot (not necessarily kill) someone (not necessarily you).  They could have been far from you, trying to kill someone else, or trying to injure someone without killing them.  "Attempted murder" implies trying to kill someone; "aggravated assault" does not.

Wow. You're quite the egomaniac, aren't you? And what, pray tell, makes you assume YOU were the victim of the aggravated assault? You weren't even assaulted. To have been assaulted, you'd have to have been actually shot.