Could you help me interpret this law?

In regards to Self Defense Pepper Spray. 

"Not more than 35 grams of any combination of orthochlorobenzalmalononitrile and inert ingredients." 

Does this mean that if the defense spray a person would like is ONLY capsaicin and NOT a combination spray with other ingredients like CS an individual can carry more than 35 grams?

I'm not even sure why restricting pepper spray is a good idea when criminals usually carry illegally possessed firearms and other illegal weapons. 

I mean, it is not like anyone is going to rob a bank with pepper spray 

Agreed, when you or your families lives are on the line I believe a firearm is the best choice if ones comfortable. 

• donnie
    Favorite Answer

Look I don’t think OC spray is the best tool. It is sometimes ineffective and gets in your eyes and everyones around you 

No, it means 35 grams total, no matter what is in it.  ANY combination.  That ranges from 1% capsaicin to 100% capsaicin. 

"I'm not even sure why restricting pepper spray is a good idea when criminals usually carry illegally possessed firearms and other illegal weapons. "  -  Yeah we may as well just let everyone have nukes.