Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Once properly sanitized, thoroughly washed and dried out, is it ok to use a bottle that had medical marijuana to store alcoholic beverages?

I didn't notice a scent in the bottle, just want to be on the safe side. Just got about ten such bottles from a local business, and it would mean not having to special order regular alcohol bottles that can keep the same amount of product. If you were doing this and/or a guest in somebody's home, would you find this strange?

Update:

Jar, bottle, whatever. Looks like this:

https://www.liquidbottles.com/products/833/V3-100M...

Update 2:

Sorry for any confusion, it appears they were used, or intended to, store oils.

Update 3:

Some of them are the size in the picture (100 ml), others are bigger.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Bottles are for liquids. They have narrow mouths. You would not put medical marijuana in one. Assuming that you don't know a bottle from a jar, glass ones should be fine. Plastic might absorb some oils from the MJ but not enough to have an effect.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can just run the bottle through the dishwasher to clean and sterilize it. The only bottles I would Never reuse for food, would be anything that had a deadly chemical in it first. 

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I want to see your container "used to store medical marijuana" that's big enough and airtight enough that can be used to store any type of beverage. Have you never visited nor seen inside of a dispensary? You're a failure at trolling. 

• 1 month ago

It'd be fine - if it's been suitably cleaned, there won't be any trace left. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.