Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Does this text read natural? If not could you please explain in detail why?

All my life long I've sought to find out the mistery of my weakness. Some told it was the prone toward the lazyness, others said I was stupid, others thought I was very intelligent. I wonder why I keep making many mistakes in English, even though I cam already speak in German and French.

All this makes me hate English.

What is there that I still don't understand?

I mistyped *can*. I'm aware of that.

Favorite Answer

Let's start with your question: it should read, "Does this text read NATURALLY?" (Alternatively it could be, "Does this text sound natural?"

All my life I've sought to solve the mystery of my weakness. Some said I was prone to laziness, others said I was stupid, but others thought I was very intelligent.I wonder why I keep making mistakes in English, when I already speak good German and French. All this makes me hate English.What is there that I still don't understand? 

It is probably natural for the Catskill Mountains or thereabouts, but it is not standard English.

It sounds like a story written by one of the American authors of 150 years ago or more, trying to imitate a local mountain dialect.