What is the name of this holographic metallic "raincoat" fabric?

As seen in this picture of a 1980s toy "Sparky Dreamer" Moon Dreamers doll, can anyone tell me the exact name of the blue fabric? Here are the characteristics: crinkly, light weight, almost paper-like ("dry"), not stretchy, holographic, possibly "metallic", water-resistant, and not woven. I know it's a synthetic, but I don't think it's under the category of organza. I thought it was a type of lamé, but no matter what I search I cannot find anything online. I've seen it used in a lot of 80s dolls, like Moon Dreamers outfits and raincoats for dolls. But no one can name this exact fabric. I've gone to several craft stores, but again, no one knows the name. One person just called it a "metallic", but that doesn't help me with internet searching. I'd like to find a source to buy this fabric, but without the exact name it is almost impossible to do so. Thank you for any help.

Just wanted to clarify that the craft stores I checked out are Joann Fabric and Hobby Lobby. And no one knew the name if the fabric surpringly. I think the tag on the fabric bolt was very generically labeled as "metallic" or something. Not accurate or helpful for internet searches at all unfortunately. If I see it again at one of those stores I will question the staff again.

Instead of craft stores, is there a fabric store or sewing shop near you? They might know more about fabrics. You might try the Etsy forums, lots of sewing, crafting, doll stuff, vintage toy experts, etc, over there. Or contact fabric websites? To me it looks similar to the plastic "crinkle fabric" used in cloth baby toys so they make a "crinkle" sound when squeezed, but that's usually sold to the public in white or clear. Maybe the toy company had it made special for their toys?

Hmm, "foil fabric" only shows results for stretchy spandex fabrics. They are nice fabrics in their own right, but definitely not the fabric shown in the picture above. After some wild online searches and with the help of a friend, I've found this fabric listed on ebay under the possible pseudonym of "Holographic Latex PVC", but even the seller did not know the real name of this mystery fabric from the 80s. That name seems to be a trade secret of some kind.

• drip

Iridescent foil fabric.  Now is the time to find it,  Halloween fabric is out.