Anonymous

Do most Americans believe in astrology? Are conservatives or liberals more likely to believe in it?

• Elise

I'm American and believe in astrology.  I am more liberal.  

No, most Americans do not believe in astrology. 

Gullible people are most likely to believe in it. 

It only makes perfect sense that all 7.8 billion human-beings will fit nicely into exactly 12 possible destinies each day. 

As a Taurus it would be out of character for me to believe in astrology. I don't believe in political ideologies either.

No, most Americans do not believe in astrology.  That makes the second question you asked completely irrelevant.

• Dr. NG

There are some funny answers here. Because they don't believe in astrology and are liberals they assume it's a trait among all liberals. Not much Critical Thinking involved with that. I've found silly people are found in both persuasions and really don't know, but there are a few facts. Celebrities are virtually all liberal and most talk about their signs often enough. That's not backed up with statistics, but all one need do is listen to them. 

Statistics do tell us Millennials, mostly liberal, overwhelmingly believe. In the 60s the Age of Aquarius began with hippies and you don't get more liberal than that. Statistics also tell us women believe in a higher percentage than men. A higher percentage of women also identify as liberal.

• 👻

I don’t think it has much to do with political beliefs, period. I have to say, I’m not that knowledgeable about it. I take it with a grain of salt. I tend to agree I’m similar to other Pisces often. Once, at the book store, they had a yearly book of astrology, and all the Pisces copies of it  were sold out.

And some other weird things like Drew Barrymore (another Pisces) was dating all these guys I found attractive, I remember, and I didn’t like her for it, haha.

Again, I can’t say I know much about it in depth, but some people have been deeply involved. 

• Tom

No, only Impractical "dreamy", and "fuzzy" thinking people are the types that believe in it--A good description of a "Liberal" "sheep person"   And not some practical, "hard-headed person" like a "conservative"  (Small "c" denotes the 'dictionary definition rather than political definition, which is capitalized)   

Capital L Liberals are usually the leaders who are atheistic, "no Sh*t ", authoritative, types"--very close to small c, set in their ways conservatives.   Capital C Conservatives are usually practical types who don't care what people believe in, so long as you don't hit them over the head with it.-------

Now that you have that straight, you are free to draw your own conclusions----The capitalizations (or not) are important---these movements were deliberately NAMED to be "Confusing" and misleading, as a "Liberal"(an authoritarian governentalist) is almost the exact opposite as a "liberal" (an open minded free thinker)---but he uses Liberals to achieve his political ends.  A "Conservative" is closer to the ideal "liberal" free thinking, new Ideas, and free from controls---But PRACTICAL to the point of caution.  A "conservative" Is a kind of "set" in his ways person and does not want to change.----Remember Capital L or C refers to the political Definition and lower Case l or c is the dictionary definition-------Even then don't trust what you read, as most writers and people, including you, do not know the difference.

Astrology is for the incurably gullible. Mostly believed by young girls and silly old women.

I’ve seen a lot more left wingers into it than right wingers. In fact, left wingers are quite stupid.