Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

What is your experience with outdoor wicker furniture?

I currently have some aluminum furnitures and there is lots of spiders and webs all the times. I hose them down every time before using them. I'm concerned it will be difficult to clean wicker furniture because there are more gaps and corners for spiders to hide. Please you share your experience with wicker furnitures. Thanks! 

They have a new plastic looking wicker that wears well outside and lasts a while. 

I have a small hand broom to dust off...rarely does it have spiders.

Also bug spray around your outside area might help

If you are seriously worried buy Teak wood furniture...never bugs on that....plus lasts a long time.

• G R

Wicker furniture does look nice, but it might be better and easier to clean the plastic furniture with a "wicker" pattern.  Either way that type of furniture, due to the crevasse, is harder to clean, you could get a power washer or attachment for your hose that would better rinse them off.  Regarding the spiders, i'd spray the furniture with a bug spray(Ortho, home and ...?, from the garden department at like Lowes that is suppose to last for around 12 months, comes in a large jug.