How am I not pregnant?? ?

I had intercourse w my Fiancé before ovulation and during When I was Ovulation but I still started my period, I think, but it looks like a regular cycle I’m really confused. 

And no he’s not shooting blacks because I can actually feel it when he ejaculates.

Shooting blanks*

Favorite Answer

First of all - a man can be shooting blanks even if you do feel it.  What you feel is his the throbbing of his penis as the semen is ejaculated.  The semen would look exactly the same even if there is no sperm in the semen.  Semen without sperm is "blanks".  This is what a man has when they have had a vasectomy or if they have a health issue that has slowed or stopped sperm production.  Even a doctor checking a sperm count can't tell if the semen has sperm until they put it under a microscope.  Ejaculation looks and feels the same with or without sperm in the semen.

Next - even when everything happens at the right time - a fertilized egg does not always implant.  There is really only about a 25% chance of pregnancy during any cycle.  Most couples will try for at least three months before being successful.  If you are under the age of 30 - a doctor will usually tell you to try for at least a year before even beginning to test for fertility issues.

Last - if you are using an app to predict ovulation - an app is only guessing based on PAST PATTERNS.  Actual ovulation could be slightly early or slightly late during any new cycle.  Your app might have been wrong.

Just have sex at least once every three days anytime you are not having a period.  It should result in pregnancy within a few cycles without tracking anything at all or worrying about "the right time".  Until you have "tried" for a few months with no luck, there is really no reason to obese over tracking for "when" to try for the baby.  

My source - two children - never tracked anything - just stopped using birth control and had sex often - pregnant within three months both times.  

"Shooting blanks" is a popular expression meaning that his sperms are sterile, or that he is not producing sperms, in his seminal fluid which you know he squirts into you.  The technical term generally used is that he is infertile.  Nobody can know that he is or is not unfertile without tests.

Not every act of sex  at a woman's fertile time can result in pregnancy. The usually quoted figure is 25% chance of success.

If you have been properly trying to get pregnant for a few months without result, then  your doctor or OB/GYN should examine you and test you for fertility. Maybe your fiancé should also have tests. 

Only fully qualified doctors etc can tell you what might be preventing you getting pregnant. Random strangers on a site like this, who do not know your body, cannot really make sensible contributions to your particular enquiries.

I am a little surprised, in this day and age, that your schools did not cover such matters.

• Willie

You have to be saying while you're having intercourse I hope I can get pregnant this time and you may hit the jackpot.

• helene

Because your chances of pregnancy are about 25% max per cycle. EVEN if you have sex at the right time.

It is far from an automatic process.

• lala

We do not get prego each time we have a sexual intercourse 

Wait  it will come 

Maybe he is shooting blanks.....