Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Accident not showing up on driving history (CT)?

A year ago I was in a fender-bender, it was my fault, the police were called, but I didn't get a ticket. A year later I obtained a copy of my driving record and the accident isn't listed on it. Why is this? 

No body cares if you be a schitty driver...except you.

Because in most jurisdictions, accidents are not recorded on government driving records.  Only convictions, suspensions, revocations and licence-related things within the last __ years are recorded.  Since your fender bender does not show up on your state driving record, I'm guessing CT is one of those jurisdictions.

Accidents and convictions are totally different things under the law.  Convictions are a matter of statutory law, and accidents are a matter of civil law.  

• May

Because accidents are not recorded on a DMV driving record.  Only convictions of a traffic law are listed on a DMV driving record.  That is why it is called a driving record and not an accident record.    Accidents are recorded on your INSURANCE record and can be seen by ordering a C.L.U.E. report