Should Texas disband their school band, if they refuse to play the school song and replace them with new band members?

• Sandy
    Favorite Answer

yes. the school decides what songs are appropriate for the band to play. if you want to rebel by not playing the school song, there will be serious consequences, as you have discovered. 

The lunatics shouldn't run the asylum.  College band management is not a democracy, unlike your silly garage band where you have a "vote" on what will be played.

• Nick

I completely disagree with both sides in this affair. To one side I say "so what? The lyrics aren't racist, who cares!" to the other side I say "so what? Your traditions are stupid anyway, who cares!" **** everyone on both sides for giving a **** about something no one should give a **** about. I refuse to be driven into having a position where I have to stand in support of a bunch of fascists who want to force their racist school song on everyone and a bunch of whiny brats who want to ban a song that isn't even racist. **** them all, **** them all, and **** Texas, because I don't care.