can I still use spaghetti sauce that was opened but not refridgerated?

as long as it doesn't have fuzzies on the lid or in the sauce I say you are all right.

did you open it today or last week? THAT information would be helpful. I personally wouldn't use any opened last week but if it was opened today, you bet, I would use it.

• Janet

Not if it has been opened and unrefrigerated for longer than an hour.

Not if you've left it out for a few hours.

Smell and taste it, that is the way to know if something has gone bad or not.

• IvaB

Lauri,that depends.Most canned foods that are opened,but not used completely need to be refrigerated right away in a bowl or a different container from the can they came in.IF,you used the un-refrigerated sauce on the same day,I would say that its' probably ok.IF,you're asking about using it a day or two later,I wouldn't.

• SW-6

IMO I would just toss it. Not like you will lose a lot of money to replace it.  Even if it was opened the same day you were thinking of using it, who knows what crawled in, did someone dip a finger in to taste, accidentally spill something in it?  Odds are it is ok that same day, but I always live by the saying "Better safe than sorry".  Good luck to you :) 

• kswck2

Nope. Garbage. 

If you opened it today, yes you can use it. 

If you opened it yesterday I would probably toss it but there are some that will give you the answer that if you heat it to a boil it will be fine. If you opened it last week, definitely toss it. 

• CB

Absolutely, if you opened it up the same day. Plenty of acid and salt so well preserved for the short term.