What has been your worst College experience related to COVID-19 restrictions?

Anyone who has been present on a college campus for the past few months knows that it has been an absolute **** show since colleges closed early last spring. Classes moved online (if they were ever in person in the first place), almost all clubs and sports seasons were cancelled unless the college is really lucky, and the policies in place seem to contradict themselves more than they help anything. My college announced this morning its plans to cancel spring break (though it is still letting us keep Thanksgiving break for now), which is just disappointing. It got me thinking, what has been your biggest COVID related disappointment for the semester? 

• Expat

It sucks for us professors, too. For me it’s the fact that for an entire year and possibly longer I’m not having in-class classes. After more than 20 years of teaching it’s been so hard not being able to make connections with my students that are possible in face to face situations. I miss the between class interactions and seeing students on campus. Know this - we’re all unhappy and miss the way it was, so you’re not alone.