Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

could i have an eating disorder?

Im a teenager and i restrict my caloric intake by hundreds of calories as i feel i need to lose weight.

i get thoughts that make me feel unworthy if i do not lose weight to the point i can see bones under my skin, and i feel stress and guilt when i eat a regular amount.

i get these feelings every month or so and each time my actions and thoughts last longer and are worse. i know these are disordered thoughts but i have never spoken to anyone about it for fear of being forced to eat.

i already have very low self esteem, extreme anxiety and a self harm addiction. i am in doctor referred therapy for these issues but nobody knows about my trouble with food. 

if anyone has any advice please help... i feel trapped and i don’t know what to do or who to go to. 

You can't handle this on your own.  Tell your parents about this.  They will know what to do next.

I'd be more concerned about your cheating on YA.

Don't you think?

• MissA

You basically won't be forced to eat unless you are about to die.  Force-feeding is the absolute last resort of treatment for EDs because it only fixes the symptoms and doesn't do a damn thing about the disorder.

Assuming your therapist isn't a complete moron I strongly suggest that they already at least suspect you are restricting food based on what sounds like your extreme slenderness and the fact that you've already got a very common constellation of symptoms which OFTEN includes some sort of -rexia.  So share it with them.  They can help you learn how to deal with it healthily.