Is this some sort of fossil?

The stone is a dull sandy color with several "pearly" looking spots  sticking out of it. Along some of it's edges there are more streaks of "pearly" looking stone similar to the spots. This leads me to believe that these veins of pearly stone run through th e entire rock. What is this?

Favorite Answer

It does not look like a fossil to me. However, the round shape of the surface nodules or whatever is suspect.  Sadly, you can't upload a photo of good enough quality to allow us to see it in better detail.  Yahoo won't let you.  Try Reddit. (whatisthisrock)

The white stuff in lumps appears to be quartz. That is about as far as I am willing to go.

• James

Always provide as many details as possible. Where was this specimen found? Was it in or around sedimentary rock? Have you researched if the area you found it in has had fossils turn up before? It sort of looks like a fossil but it is probably just a conglomerate rock. I don't notice any well defined structures within it but I can't really see the specimen up close with the picture provided