Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Brother is gifting me an old fixer upper car. Does he have to be present at DMV , in CA, to complete the paperwork for title transfer?

Or can I just handle that part on my own


Yo MAY- Stick it up your fvcking @SS- Illiterate moron..

Update 2:

gift verb

gifted; gifting; gifts

Definition of gift (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb

Update 3:

1 : to endow with some power, quality, or attribute

She's been gifted with a beautiful voice.

2a : to make a gift of

It makes an excellent choice whether you're gifting one bottle for the honeymoon or a case to be savored for years, or even decades, to come.

— Robert Taylor


gifted her with flowers

In this, her ninth novel, she has succeeded in gifting us with a story that will stay with us for a long time.

— Dorothy Rochmis

Update 4:

THINK before you speak and make an @ss out of yourself, for NO REASON, other than to Project your own neuroses onto strangers on the internet. Idiot...

3 Answers

  • May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    No he does not have to be present.

    He is   G I V I N G   you a car, he isn't "GIFTING" you a car.

    Fancy made up words are only for the politically and socially correct wannabe crowd.

  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You should b able to do it on your on as long as your brother properly signs and gives you the title and a bill of sale indicating it is a gift.  You will need to get a smog certificate and show proof of insurance.

  • 1 month ago

    He doesn't need to be present.

    He needs to sign the title to you and you need to register the car.

    If he doesn't have the title, he has to do a duplicate title and transfer. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.