Atheists, what is your opinion of DONALD JOHN TRUMP?

My personal opinion is that he may be bombastic, but he has done wonders for our economy and world peace. I feel Biden will return us to the era of war and devastation. 

I believe he is an affront to humanity and to decency. He is a liar, he is a cheat, a lifelong conman and vile excuse for a person. 

And besides that, think of all the migrant children whom Trump saved by having them ripped from the arms of their mothers and locked in cages with no plan for ever reuniting them with their families.  And think of all the American soldiers that Trump saved by keeping silent after Russia paid terrorists to kill them.  I mean, really!  What's a little bombastic behavior compared to all that wondrous empathy?

Trump is a garbage human being.  He is unfamiliar with the issues, and almost seems PROUD of his ignorance.  Multiple close aides have said that he does not read his policy briefs, governs from instinct, and of course we know that he has fired every competent person who went to work for him because competent people tend not to just follow orders without talking back.  

Donald Trump in the office of the President is an absolute nightmare.  It was just a matter of time before it resulted in disaster, and his inability to respond to covid intelligently has decimated our economy and people's wealth.  Many people will never recover.

What's sad is that the Democrats have twice put up weak opponents that make voting for Trump seem not outlandish.  Joe Biden is unwilling to affirm that he won't stage a takeover the judiciary branch or eliminate the filibuster in order to make himself more powerful.  The left accuses Trump of shattering norms, yet they are all too willing to shatter them even worse.

I hate both parties SO MUCH right now.  Vote for third parties and independents.  Please.  End the two party dictatorship.

He's a mover and shaker. Like a conservative version of Franklin Roosevelt. I don't necessarily like his policies, but he keeps his word.

Source(s): Atheist. But opinion has nothing to do any God that may exist.

He is NOT a politician and that is good enough for me.  He is by far the most entertaining president we have ever had.  I support him.

If it smells like schitt and it looks like schitt then its schitt

First let me say that my answer to your question is not informed in any way by my atheism.

My opinion of Trump is that he will contend with James Buchanan as the worst president in American history. He is not simply "bombastic" but a pathological liar, corrupt and incompetent. 

He has lost the trust of our intelligence services, our armed forces and the international community. In the words of admiral McRaven "Today, as we struggle with social upheaval, soaring debt, record unemployment, a runaway pandemic, and rising threats from China and Russia, President Trump is actively working to undermine every major institution in this country". 

I have never personally understood the man's appeal. Could you tell me what "wonders" he has done for peace and prosperity? Please be specific.

I personally am no fan of Biden. We have a stark ideological difference as I tend to be somewhat conservative on economic policy. Hell, by the standards of my community - I live in Silicon Valley - I'm practically a fascist. This election however seems a contest between sanity and insanity.

If you have a chance, or any other Trump supporter who reads this, I really am genuinely curious about Trump's appeal. This is an honest and respectful question: what is it about Trump or his record that is appealing?   

Putting aside the political policies, the greater problem is the corruption and wickedness of the alternative.

My opinion is that Trump has absolutely nothing to do with religion or spirituality.  Pence said some really problematic things, when he was in the primaries, but he would have been better than Trump.

He did very little for our economy.  He inherited a strong economy with steady growth and bought a small increase at the expense of huge debt during good times.  Every politician knows that you can do that, but it is dangerous because when the next recession hits, the debt skyrockets even worse.  He bought short term gain at the expense of long term pain and people bought his snake oil.

He has done nothing for world peace?  ISIS was already beaten back into a small enclave when Trump took over, and it was Russia which did most of the dirty work in Syria.  He inflamed things with Iran, when they were behaving.  The UAE was already working on normalizing relations with Israel and Israel had opened a diplomatic office in the UAE in 2015.  Trump just takes credit for things which he has not done, like the snake oil salesman that he is.