What would you do if someone did a rude thing to you at work?

For example, a team member took one of your tasks without asking and give it to anothe member.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

First and foremost, you have to talk to that person who took your task without asking. Make a professional talk with him. Or address the problem to your supervisor or to the person who assigned the task to you or to the person next in rank to you.

https://machristinedumpa.wixsite.com/christinesfs

• 2 months ago

before you have to much fun being innocent we won't mind you being rude once or twice...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sh*t!  I'd be ecstatic if someone took all my work and gave it to another coworker to do.

Source(s): Get paid to do nothing! YAY!!
  • 2 months ago

I'd hide an open can of dog food in their desk...way at the back where they couldn't find it easily...then I'd quit and get another job.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

It depends, how urgent is the task? and how serious did you take it, because I can't see the reason why your supervisor will re-assign your task to another person if you are on it.

• 3 months ago

You have a  boss overseeing you?

• 3 months ago

Does that team member have the authority to assign various tasks to team members? Is this the team leader? Perhaps this person is not being "rude" but assigning tasks to the team member best equipped to perform the task. Instead of being concerned about "rudeness," you need to be concerned first about your competence. Does that other person have more experience in that sort of thing, or better performance ratings, or seniority, or cooperated with a particular teammate previously & they work together well, or....? Assess the situation before you jump to any conclusions at all. 

• 3 months ago

Nobody touches my work.  Nobody would ever touch my work.  Nobody ever has and nobody ever will.  When we work in teams, the first thing we do is decide who will do what and then we gather it all together - trial prep.  If someone is messing with your work, you need to find out who and report them.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 3 months ago

Thank him or her for easing my workload probably

• 3 months ago

I would report the person to management 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.