Is it true drinking wine causes one to go mad?

Favorite Answer

Not unless you're an alcoholic or have some sort of mental illness that would make you go crazy of you drink

It was known back when I was 14 or 15 & had to drink what you could get & had money for. Bought at the back of the store.  That Mad Dog 20/20 & Thunderbird wines. Also wines made of juices poured into a Gal. jug with a small hole in the lid. Then buried in the sand before ran threw a milk filter to remove the yeast. Could cause short term insanity at some parties back in the swamp. Out of sight of law or parents. 

• Mark

No... but you will go drunk.

Wine is no better, no worse than any other form of alcohol of similar strength. 

I have drunk wine and beer most of my 74 years.   Nobody has actually called me mad yet.  First thing I got tiddly on was champagne, at the age of 3, sitting on my mother's lap, in the tasting room of a champagne company in France.

• Goerge

It's consuming in excess which is madness and not the thing such as wine which is the cause.

• Anton

Actually, drinking wine keeps me sane.

I have my wine, I don't kill people.

all drugs are injurious to health