Anonymous

I’m tired?

Honestly, I’m tired of school at this point. I don’t think it’s for me but at the same time I love learning. In my first ever year of university I had a total of 6 classes with 1 lab and obviously my new self couldn’t keep up and ended up failing half of the classes which set my gpa to a 1.1. I worked my butt off the next semester, only enrolled in 3 classes so I can keep up, and raised my gpa to a 2.3. Now I’m in the next semester, only enrolled in 2 classes because to be honest it’s hard for me to learn online in the environment that I’m and I get distracted very easily but obviously I’m still working hard and both of the classes I’m doing pretty well. Today, I logged into my school account and noticed I had a notification. I clicked on it and it said I’m in academic probation? Yes, I understand having that in the first year because I failed half of the classes but now? I immediately emailed my advisor hopefully he sees it soon because I’m just so confused at this point? Did I do something wrong.. I am a person that has anxiety and after seeing the academic probation thing, I immediately felt nauseous. I know a 2.3 gpa is an average C+ or - let’s say but I legit worked my butt off the past semester and this semester to raise it up to that. I’m tired at this point. There’s no reason for me to be on Academic Probation in this point of the semester. I’m above the 2.0 they asked for?

Favorite Answer

bah ... you are on academic probation because of the 1.1 ... it is just now catching up.  bureaucracy in the system causing delay.  another strong semester and you'll be off the probation.  -- grampa [married 33 years to Uni Professor]

just try to get more sleep