Why are people always shocked when I tell them how old I am?

Every time I tell people how old I am there always shocked and surprised. I’m 30 turning 31 in January and I still get asked for ID. Did people stop asking you for ID at a certain age?. I know it’s a complement but sometimes it’s just annoying 

Favorite Answer

simply because you may have a baby face 

I am Nearly 90 and People still ask me if I am a Pensioner which in Australia is 65

u will like this as you get older. Do u wear any make up?

People stopped asking me after I'd smoked crack for a decade.  But I didn't mind. 

It was embarrassing sometimes to be carded when I was in my 30's and 40's...like if I was at a business lunch or something.  It wasn't something I laid awake thinking about, though.  The fact is there are lots of us who don't show the stereotypical signs of aging at the usual points in life...especially if we were late-bloomers, or weren't inclined to drink beer, eat pizza, and put on a lot of weight in our 20s.  It's not magic, and it's not terribly unusual.

Enjoy it while you can.  There will come a time when you see your reflection and think "where did all that drooping flesh come from?".  It's inevitable.  It's not about YOU.