Coding Boot camp vs a College Degree Question?

A lot of jobs require a BA  which I have but it's not in Computer science, will my Degree satisfy that requirement ? I am in a 12 week intensive program my city has a joint program with Treehouse, I just wanted to improve my job prospects. I plan on takings some computer science theory courses as well if that will help. I would love some feed back; thanks !

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most places no, won't get you a job as a programmer.

• 1 month ago

Employers are not hiring coders or other computer/IT people without at least a bachelor's in computer engineering, software engineering, computer science, IT, etc. Even with a proper related degree, new bachelor's degree holders can have a lot of competition for internships & entry-level computer jobs, unless they have some experience, references, recommendations, etc. & can prove performance. 

Since computer literacy is essential to perform practically any sort of job these days, bootcamp or additional studies beyond your non-related degree might help you find a job, but it won't be as any sort of computer professional. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My brothers degree is in Marketing but he has worked all his life in Computers. He learned that in his own time his bosses only care that he had the degree and that he could do the job. No idea about treehouse or theory. Im lucky to be able to open an incognito window.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.